Thursday, January 3, 2013

What Is Love

Ivan asks me about Leila and Majnoon. I pause a while, look at him and smile.
- Why do you wanna know about 'em?
- That's an important tale, right?
- Yes
- Just curious!
- Ok, then I'll tell you but that's a sad love story
But I'm still silent! he's late and leaves. I sit there alone and listen to the song "What Is Love ", for some minutes forget about Leila and Majnoon and try to understand this song.
 When you think about love what do you imagine? a couple kissing each other or maybe making love?
I dont think love is that! It must be something more! you say you love him but then he did something wrong and made you angry. Are you in love? I dont think so! you know what is love?
Leila and Majnoon makes me think about love.
Majnoon fell in love with Leila, a girl from enemy tribe. He did anything to get her, even when she got married, he was looking for her, left his home and prayed for years in deserts. He was so in love so that he couldn't be close to her! this is weird! he loved her and miss her so much, this distance hurt him but he couldn't be close to her too because this adjacency hurt him. That's why they call him Majnoon. Majnoon means crazy, insane, lunatic...
At the end of the story Leida died, Majnoon found her grave, stand, said O friend and then... he died too.
That's not an ordinary story. You cant say this is a little look like Romeo and Juliet! This is an eastern love and you must be from east to know what is that about. How can I tell this to Ivan?! You must be born in east to realize Majnoon's feelings, and be sure he wasn't insane at all! He was wiser than anyone, because he found out true love.
If you ask me, no I'm not in love and dont know what is that. Maybe one day you understand love but when you taste true love you never can explain it or even stand it but you dont want to leave it, you want to be more in love. That's why they call you insane...


No comments:

Post a Comment